Package 'Great War Battlefields'
Only bookable for a minimum stay of 2 nights.
The packaged deal includes:
- A 2 (or more) night stay in our standard rooms.
- Hot and cold continental breakfast buffet every morning.
- A welcome drink in our cheery Café Rose Red with over 190 Belgian Beers
- A seat on the 'Great War Battlefields' tour bus which will take you on a guided tour to visit the most important and memorable sites of World War I . During your visit you'll be served lunch (including 2 drinks) and a special beer from around the area during an afternoon break. For a comprehensive list of all the activities, see below. The tour goes out every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Tickets for public transport (bus) from the hotel to the tour bus and back.
- A discount card for different tourist attractions and other museums in Bruges.
- A city map.
- National and International newspapers available daily.
- 2 Nights Accommodation / Double Room (Double Bed): € 335 *
Extra information regarding 'The Great War Battlefields Tour'
- 3 Nights Accommodation / Double Room (Double Bed): € 425 **
- 2 Nights Accommodation / Triple Room (Double Bed + Single Bed): € 475 *
- 3 Nights Accommodation / Triple Room (Double Bed + Single Bed): € 595 **
All prices are including VAT and service, excluding the additional city tax of € 2,12 per person, per night.
When staying during the week, the rates are up to 10% less expensive.
* Arriving on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday is NOT possible when booking this deal for two nights only.
** Arriving on Saturday is NOT possible when booking this deal for three nights only.
When booking this packaged deal, the amount of € 69 per person will be charged on your credit card. This amount is non-refundable. The remainder can be paid at the hotel.
The Great War Battlefields Tour takes you on a journey to experience the most important places of the Great War. In Diksmuide, you'll explore the 'Trench of Death' as you imagine how the Belgian soldiers in these trenches tried to survive, fought and held back the Germans for 4 years.
Afterwards you'll drive to the interactive 'In Flanders Fields' museum located in Ypres, where you'll get acquainted with the daily life in a city at war. Lunch is served at Novotel in Ypres.
After lunch you'll head of to Boezinge, stopping at the spot where doctor John McCrea used to work. In Langemark-Poelkapelle you'll visit the Canadian Memorial Monument and in Passendale you'll visit the impressive Tyne Cot Cemetary. This cemetery with its 12.000 graves and Missing Memorial (with the names of another 35.000 missing soldiers) is Europe's biggest symbol of useless war.
You can catch your breath with a special beer after which you'll drive through Zillebeke where you'll visit Hill 60 and continue on to Ypres. You'll get the change to explore this frontline city at your own pace. At 7.15PM we'll finish off at the Menenpoort for the touching Last Post ceremony.
Explanation given in English. Dutch and French information available.
Tour leaves every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Back in Bruges around 9.30PM
Back to overview